Brunches are the best part of Sundays and Le Petit Dejeuner is one of the best brunch places I’ve had. From their fluffy waffles right down to the retro decor, it was perfection! Bestie and I both had waffles (hands down, the best waffles ever), I had mine with eggs benny and bestie had hers with eggs benedict. Dot opted for the smoked salmon crepe which was equally delish. They all came with a refreshing salad made of green apple and pickles. I would have never thought of this combination but the result was surprisingly good! They usually have a line up outside, and we waited for about 20 minutes in the cold but it was well worth it!
191 King Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 1J5
416 703 1560
Up next, Swish by Han! They’re located at Wellington and Victoria, so a good place to go if you work in the financial district. I also love their modern rustic decor, I can definitely see my future nest looking like that. But try and get a reservation before you go, the place is quite small. I just went today for a co worker’s birthday and had their dolsot bi bim bap, perfect for a chilly winter day. The dishes from the top are appetizers, mool mandoo (steamed dumplings), mandoo (fried dumplings), jap chae and dolsot bi bim bap.
38 Wellington St. East Toronto, ON
There’s no secret that I love yummy food and trying different restaurants in Toronto. So this week is an Eat It week where I share with you my favourite food spots. Up first is Ravi Soup, their hearty soups on a cold winter day are to die for. And their scones are are so delicious that I usually order two! My favourites are Chicken Hot Pot Broth, Butternut Squash soup and the Porcini Mushroom Wild Rice Bisque.
322 Adelaide St W
Toronto, ON M5V 1R1
1128 Queen St W
Toronto, ON M6J 1J3
This was a short week! It always feels like there’s more to do and less time to do it but I can’t complain now because the weekend is here!
My highlight of the week was when my health editor @lisahannam went to the press preshow for marni at h&m and gave me her sample scarf <3. Check out their whole collection here and I absolutely cannot wait till Thursday!
And yes, if you were wondering, my hair did get shorter! I only trust Cooney with my hair and he has the best salon location, right at Queen and Spadina. Check out the article blogto did on him here.
Let’s end the week off with beige, it’s safe colour that works on any skin tone and it can be mixed and matched with any other colours!
1. I’ve been hunting for a lacey something, this just might be the one!
2. I’ve always wanted to wear a flower wreath except I look ridiculous with any headband wrapped around my head =(
3. Pleats and a collar, I love this for going to work.
4. How do you say no to a romper? Just don’t wait to pee at the very last second.
5. I love a good structured beige dress, it makes me feel sophisticated =)
I don’t own anything yellow, but the more I look at the it, the more excited I get about this sunny colour! I’m sure I can make a way to work yellow with my yellow skin tone.
1. It doesn’t get more badass than a yellow suede motorcycle jacket!
2. Ombre+yellow+short shorts=love
3. High waisted cuffed yellow pants, gotta love a pair of man repellent pants.
4. I love the mexican feel to this cardigan, hola!
5. A white spring dress with a splash of yellow shoes, done =)