It’s that time again to look back at last year’s resolutions and see if I’ve stuck to them!
1. A family trip. Check. We had a fantastic week in Hawaii in August.
2. Stick to my budget. Pass. I was impressed I even had a budget throughout the whole year. I tried my hardest to stick to it…
3. Be a gym rat. Check. I loved my old gym and went 4 times a week. I ran, did pilates, yoga, rock climbed, swam and trained for my spartan race there. I was so sad when I had to quit when I moved to Toronto but I have since joined a rock climbing gym that I go every week.
4. To find patience. Check. Throughout the year, I was consciously trying to be more patient with my interns when teaching them the ins and outs of the job. It’s not easy having to constantly do this when interns leave every three months. I have seen that as the year progressed, my interns increasingly had more responsibilities. I’ve also realized that there are many things beyond my control and I can only patiently wait until it all works itself out.
Now onto 2014’s resolutions!
2. Build a relationship: there’s someone in my family that I’ve grown up with that I would like to build a better relationship with. We’re going to start monthly dinners together!
3. Keep on budget: I’m going to try very very hard to do this so I can make my down payment goal by 2016!
4. Start complimenting: I love my family, friends and colleagues dearly and want them to do their very best but it also translates to me having the highest expectations for them. This year, I’m going to learn to appreciate what they have done and achieved and dough out compliments more generously.